Thursday, April 8, 2010

small ocean


My skinny and cropped spring cardigan, my small ocean. Yup. This one is a bit tight, but so much fun after all the grey and black. All the small details worked out just right. Love the neckline, the waist shaping, the short row sleeve caps - even the color is great.

But the yarn. Must say I'm little bit disappointed. Knots, strange puffy joins, bits with almost no twist at all and leaking color (blue hands long after knitting). And I should have picked up larger needles to begin with - but I kind of liked the tight fabric. (Not anymore, since it will not grow one bit - no matter how hard I block it...)

But the color is great, even after washing. And I have the feeling that I'll wear this a lot in the summer. It should be perfect little cardigan for warmer days.


Pattern: my own.
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug
Needles: 3 mm

10 comments:

suzy smalls said...

beautiful, as always! the color is stunning and the pattern- well, i want it!
thanks for sharing.

Lucie said...

The colour is very becoming on you. It is unfortunate to have problems with the yarn.

anmarie said...

You wear it beautifully!

Julie said...

It's so gorgeous! I love the sleeve length and the classic shaping. Awesome cardigan!

elena gold said...

very pretty, especially the color! i really like the neck detail...i am designing a black and white cardigan now and I am planning a very similar neck, hope it turns out as nice as yours! :)

Ms. Kimba said...

love it! and the color is amazing

Maryse said...

Nice and simple! I always love that! You can never have enough of those little cardigan! Love the blue too!

Anonymous said...

it is very pretty.

Grace said...

Beautiful--that color is just WOW!

Alice @ http://kathrynivy.com

juli said...

Onpas tosi niukka. Mutta vöri on taivaallinen - vai sanoisiko merellinen!
http://heles-inki.vuodatus.net